How Can We Help?
Revit Graphics & Annotation
- How Do I Rotate a Room Tag in Revit?
- How do I hide Elevation individual callouts \ markers in plan?
- Can I tag multiple Revit elements with one tag?
- How do I split a Revit schedule across multiple sheets?
- Can I display column grids in 3D Views in Revit?
- How do I change the line weight of brick patterns (surface patterns) on my elevations?
- What do the 2D and 3D icons next to column grid and level lines in Revit do?
- How do I create a new fill (hatch) pattern for a floor, ceiling, or wall in Revit?
- How do I get the text to rotate in a Column Grid Head / Bubble? I want an oval grid head, but the text wont rotate.
- In Revit, how do I show a gap in my column grid line?
- How do I change the line weight of ceiling grid lines in Revit?
- How can I copy a Legend from one Revit project to another?
- Can you control the visibility of Wall Sweeps separately from the rest of the wall in Revit?
- How do I create a Tapered Wall in Revit
- How do I create a slanted or tilted wall in Revit?
- What does the wall location line do in Revit?
- What’s the best way to create a hole or opening in a wall in Revit?
- How do I show sloped insulation on a flat roof?
- Is the location of a point cloud maintained when unloading and reloading?
- How do I create a 3D view in Revit to show only the objects I am interested in?
- Can I have a family appear in a Reflected Ceiling plan in Revit if the family is below the RCP cut plane?
- How can I better control placement when “dragging” Revit model elements?
- What is the best way to copy elements from one level to another in Revit and maintain a consistent XY location?
- How do I copy / transfer a 2D detail from one Revit project to another?
- Can I control which tabs on the ribbon are visible?
- Are Revit and AutoCAD software compatible with Windows 11?
- How do I change the height value for my Revit level line?
- How do I add \ use a shared parameter in my Revit Project file?
- How do I transfer shared parameters from one Revit Project to another?
- How do I underlay a PDF into my Revit Project?
- How do I include data in a Linked Revit File on my schedule?
- How do I display annotation and notes in a view in a linked Revit file?
- How do I change the organization of my views or sheets in the Revit project browser?
- Where is the icon to start BIM 360 in Revit 2019, 2020, 2021?
- How can I create my own Revit keyboard shortcuts?
Revit Standards & Best Practices
- How do I create and apply View Templates in Revit?
- What are Revit View Templates and Why should I use them?
- Can I toggle Revit View Templates Off Temporarily?
- How do I make a copy (duplicate) of a sheet in Revit?
- When linking a file into Revit, which positioning option should I choose?
- Should I remove or unload Revit links?
- What is the process for upgrading a Revit Project from one version of Revit to the next?
- How do I prevent moving Revit elements unintentionally?
- When I create a new local file from my Revit Central File, I get a message asking if I want to ‘Overwrite Existing Copy’ or ‘Append Timestamp to Existing Copy’. Which should I use?
- Can I rotate a fill pattern?
- When modifying lines or walls in Revit, how do I trim/extend multiple items at once?
- Should I Link or Import CAD files into my Revit project?
- What do each of the options do when linking \ importing CAD files into Revit?
- How do I modify the colors and line weights of lines of an imported or linked CAD file?
- Do I need to open the “Start” page, and close my other views each time I synchronize to central?
- After inserting a PDF into Revit, how do I snap to the linework?
- What are the best ways to review Revit Warnings?
- When I reload a Revit family, a dialog presents the question, do you want to ‘Overwrite the exiting version’ or ‘Overwrite the exiting version and its parameter values’. What is the difference?
- How do I create a Section-Perspective view in Revit?
- Is there a way to automatically package and transmit a Revit model and its links to send to a consultant?
- Show Remaining Articles ( 5 ) Collapse Articles
< All Topics
How do I change the organization of my views or sheets in the Revit project browser?
Views, Sheets, and Schedules in your Revit project browser can be organized (filtered, group, sorted) by any sheet or view parameter.
- From the View Tab of the ribbon choose User Interface > Browser Organization. Or you can right click on the project browser ‘Views’ tab and select Brower Organization.
- Revit provides several default options including f, however you can create a new one to fit your own project specific needs. Simply hit New and determine your filtering and grouping and sorting needs.
- Changing the project browser changes it for everyone working in the file. The next time they open Revit they will see the new browser changes.
- Schedules organization added with Revit 2018.
Download PDF – KB-201215-Browser Organization