How Can We Help?
Revit Graphics & Annotation
Revit Standards & Best Practices
- Show Remaining Articles ( 5 ) Collapse Articles
How do I copy / transfer a 2D detail from one Revit project to another?
Drafting views in Revit can be copied from one project to another using the “Insert Views from File” tool.
- Open the project you want to copy the detail into.
- From the Insert Tab choose “Insert From File > Insert Views From File.” (see screen cap)
- Navigate to the file that contains the view (or views) you want to copy.
- Select the view (or views) you want transferred and click OK.
- The drafting view will now appear on your list of drafting views in your project.
- You can transfer full sheets of drafting views as well as schedules.
- This process does NOT work with MODEL based details. Model based details do not display on the views that can be transferred. Only “drafting views”
- If the project you are transferring from is an older version of Revit it will be temporarily upgraded to enable the transfer. The upgrade will not be saved.
- Custom line styles, line patterns, fill patterns etc. will be copied into your project.
Download PDF – KB-201203-Copy 2D detail