Revit 2021 made this very easy by adding tools for both Linking and Importing PDFs!
- Go to the Inset Tab on the ribbon and you will see the Link PDF or the Import PDF icons.
- Import PDF is a one-time insertion.
- Link PDF stores the file path to the PDF, and the PDF graphics will automatically update when the revit file is opening if the PDF changes.
- Link PDF will show as a new tab in Manage Links.
Answer For Revit 2020
Revit 2020 added a tool to allow inserting a PDF into Revit as an image. The image can be reloaded if the PDF changes. (It will not update automatically upon re-opening the Revit file.)
- Go to the Inset Tab and you will see the PDF icon. Browse to find the file and place into your model.
- You can manage your PDFs via the Manage Images Icon. Insert Tab > Manage Images.
Answer For Revit 2019 and Earlier
- Adding a PDF is not possible; however you can convert your desired PDF to an image type; (.bmp, .jpg, .png or .tiff)
- The PDF will only be visible in one view.
- You can move, copy, scale, and rotate a PDF much like an image file.
- If the PDF is of a drawing such as floor plan you may need to scale it appropriately depending on if the PDF uses raster or vector data.
- If the PDF is multi-page you can choose which page to import\link.
- You can specify the resolution of the PDF.
- There is an option for each PDF to “enable” snaps when the PDF contains vector data.
- The PDF can be moved into the foreground or background.
Download PDF – KB-201224-Underlay PDF in Revit
- You must login to post comments
Please login first to submit.