To transfer shared parameters from one project or family to another you must export or add the parameter to a shared parameters file, and then use that shared parameters file when creating the project in the other file. There are a few scenarios.
SCENARIO 1 – FROM A PROJECT – EXPORT
• First you need to ensure you are tied to a shared parameter file. From the Manage Tab choose Shared Parameters and see if your file is attached to a shared parameter file.
o If not, you can either Browse to a shared parameter file location
o Or Create a new one
• Next go to the Manage Tab > Project Parameters
o Choose the parameter you want to export, select ‘Modify’ then select ‘Export’ and choose OK.
If the export button is NOT available the parameter is NOT set up as a shared parameter.
o Repeat that for all parameters you wish to export.
Some firms do not allow users to write to shared parameters file for the company as whole. You may need to copy that shared parameter text file to a location you have rights to edit to.
SCENARIO 2 – FROM A FAMILY – EXPORT
• Shared Parameters are often within Revit families. They can also be exported to a shared parameter file.
o Open the family you wish to export a shared parameter from.
o Open the Family Types icon
o Choose the parameter you want to export and edit it. From here you can export the parameter just as noted above.
OPTION 3 – ADD SHARED PARAMETERS VIA TEXT/EXCEL INTO ANOTHER SHARED PARAMETER FILE.
Use this option only if you are comfortable with the shared parameters editing process.
A shared parameter is in fact a text file. It will look something like this:
• You can add shared parameters from one text to the next by simply copying/pasting the information below *PARAM
• It is important to know that the GROUP number determine which group Name which that shared parameter will show up in your Revit project or family.
o You will want to change the group number of the parameter you are copying in to fall under whichever group name/number of your specific headings.
• The GUID number is its special unique ID number.
• This process of copying is sometimes easier to do in excel. After copying and modifying the information needed, simply copy back into the text file.
Download PDF – KB-210105-Shared Parameters Transfer
- You must login to post comments
Please login first to submit.